Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dating yourself with incomplete resumes

Apparently, there's been an increase in job seekers sending potential employers incomplete resumes as they try to break back into the market. By choosing to omit college graduation dates and even the years during which they worked in previous jobs, some people believe these job seekers are being deceptive - either on purpose or by accident - and they're simply pitching their resumes, further extending the job seeker's time on the unemployment line in many cases.

Have you run across this issue at your firm? How do you handle it?

1 comment:

  1. I graduated from college 44 years ago and have a resume longer than my arm. I've received advice that employers are only interested in the past 20 years or so. I've truncated my resume' and left off graduation dates to "age proof" it. It doesn't seem to help, so I think I just put it all down and let my age proudly hang out there.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think...