Tuesday, January 19, 2010

AGC gets political

I'm sure many of you joined me on the distribution list from the Associated General Contractors of America, alerting those of us in the Bay State to vote in today's special election to fill the late Ted Kennedy's vacant Senate seat. I'm wondering what's in it for the AGC to make sure its members and supporters are active politically, especially in this particular special election, since I don't recall a similar message in November, or for the 2008 presidential election for that matter. I do know that the winner of Kennedy's seat will likely determine the fate of health care reform in the U.S., but I'm curious about how that affects the AGC. I guess if there's health care reform, that will mean more hospital work for AGC members? Am I missing something here? Sure, it's great to see people stay active in the political arena - the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has its ArchiPAC to stay connected in Washington - but I feel like there's something more going on here.

How do you see today's political square-off affecting the AEC industry in 2010 and beyond? Is your firm doing anything related to the election? Who do you think will win? Who do you hope wins? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think...